1 cup almonds
1 cup raw quinoa flakes
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon maca powder
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
Pinch sea salt
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
2/3 cups nut butter
2-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
Desiccated coconut (for rolling)
- Place nuts and quinoa in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. The mix should be slightly chunky to help hold the balls together.
- Place nut and quinoa mixture in a large mixing bowl and stir in the cacao, cinnamon, maca and salt.
- Combine the nut butter and rice malt syrup.
- Add this to the dry ingredients and mix
- Gradually add in the almond milk, mix with your hands
- Shape mixture into balls.
- Roll in desiccated coconut and store in the fridge.